Thursday, December 20, 2012

Interworld

"Author's Note: This is a work of fiction. Still, given an infinite number of possible worlds, it must be true on one of them. And if a story set in an infinite number of possible universes is true in one of them, then it must be true in all of them. So maybe it's not fictional as we think."


Before now I have only read Neil Gaiman's graphic novels, and while I was sometimes scared by them, I still enjoyed them. Enough so that I finally decided to pick up this novel that I have had on my shelf for a while. Of course, I didn't knwo there was a second book to this, so while I technically should not have read this now, I am glad I did. I enjoyed this book!

This book was a quick easy read, which is great right now since I have been bogged down with a book I didn't particularly like. I also loved the idea of the story Gaiman and Reaves wanted to tell, the concept of multiple universes is one that I am always drawn to, then you add a ton of characters who are all the same person ut not and things get interesting.

I enjoyed the story, the characters, and everything in between. Gaiman gave me a story that I felt drawn to. Of course now it has me wishing I had the next book so that I could finish the story. I can't wait to get to read what happens next.

I also look forward to getting to read this book to my son. While I enjoyed reading this book, I have to say that I think my son will enjoy it more. It seems more like a book directed toward young adults, even teens. The writing style is simple, direct, funny, and just unbelieveable enough to leave you waiting for what happens next. I do think everyone should give Gaiman a chance, maybe not with this novel, but with one of the many stories he has written over the years. He is a great writter! Here is another book I can keep on my shelf and recommend to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment