Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 Reading Challange 2013

2012
For last year I began a challange to read all the books that I already owned that I had not had the time to read, whether they were gifts, they had been bought with other books and forgotten, or they had been passed over for library books, they had not been read by me. So in an effort to get rid of the books I didn't particularly like, I finally sat down to read all of them.
Of course I didn't finish the list, there were just too many. But I did manage to read 42 of the books on my shelf, getting rid of about a third of them. Others, I discovered, have changed the way I look at some apsects of life and I am eager to share them with my friends.
While I would love to continue with this challange I have to move on. I do plan to pick up where I left off, however, perhaps even next year. But not now.

2013
Last year was all about the books that stand alone, single stories with no follow-up. This year I am going to pick up all the series that I have sitting on my shelves. Some of these are unfinished, meaning I have the first few, the first and last, or even only the first book. My plan is to buy the remaining novels in the ones that I know I want to have (like the Remnants series by K. A. Applegate that I can pass on to my son), and once I have them all sit down and read from beginning to end. With others I will read the first one and decide if I want to pick up the others in the series (like The Sword, The Ring, and The Chalice by Deborah Chester that seemed interesting at the time). And while I collect the missing volumns in those series, I will read the ones that I have all volumns to (like The Tale of the Mayfair Witches by Anne Rice).

So the plan for reviewing is going to be different this year. I like to hold off on my views until I have finished a series, but I know that some have to be reviewed as one goes because of the story, quality, or even length of the novels. So, the plan is to write a review after each novel in a series, but under the same post. This means that if I write a review for book one in a series that you are interested about, you can find my opinion on each book in one convienent place, so check back on that post for more details. This also means that there is a chance for spoilers. I will warn you before any spoilers occur so that you can choose not to read further.

I hope that I can continue to offer helpful opinions on book suggestions for my readers throughout the year! So I hope you enjoy the books you have read by my recommendation and that you find my wide range of novels welcoming to your tastes.

Book Club
While I read what I have on my shelf, I will also be partaking in at least one (hopefully two) book clubs. So I will post my reviews on these books as well as the opinions of the other members of the book club (with their permission) so that readers can get a more diverse opinion base. I will try to keep discussion points from the book club to a minimum since I can tend to post too long reviews as it is. However, if you have a question about our opinions, post it in the comments, maybe we talked about it and I can fill you in on what we thought.

Thank you to anyone who reads this blog. While it started off as, and will remain, mainly a place for me to simply keep track of the books I have read and what I thought of them, I enjoy giving others my thoughts so that they may help them choose books as well. So if there is a book you have loved and wish I would read, post it in comments, I will get to it as soon as I can, and let you know what I think. Whatever my opinion is worth, I thank anyone that takes the time to read.

I hope everyone has an amazing year in 2013, filled with wonderful adventures, both on the page and off!

No comments:

Post a Comment