Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Room With A View

A book that is more than a hundred years old.

A Room With A View was a slightly difficult story to read as it was a little slow going. I greatly enjoyed A Passage To India back in high school even though it was a little slow to start as well, so when I found this one loosing my interest I had to remind myself that I really do like Forester's writing and to just push through. Sure enough I ended up enjoying the ending of the whole thing.

 I am not much for classics, I will be honest, but a hundred years ago is not so hard to relate to the older I get. In fact, I was very astonished to discover that this particular book met that goal on my list. Wow' now I feel old. But I was glad tht it did, because it was a lot easier to read than some of the other older books were that I had considered.

So here is another item off my list for the year and another classic I have always wanted to read. And once more Forester delivered a story that I enjoyed. If you haven't read any of his work, I think this is a good place to start. Let me know if you have read it and what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment