Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Demigod Files


So this book was fun, a little addition to the original Percy Jackson series written by Riordan that so many love. It contains three short stories about the demigod's adventures along with some short, funny interviews with the other characters, and to go with it all a few pictures like a map of Camp Half-Blood and character pictures. So it was a short fun read that took me back to the series I love so much for a quick visit.

But it was a little less than I was expecting. The stories were right on par, letting us see a little more into what Percy got up to in between books. But the last one was interrupted with the character pictures and that was a little distracting. The interviews were also humorous but shorter than I was expecting. And when they said they would be showing the contents of campers' trunks so any other demigods would know what to pack, they didn't say it would only be one, which was kind of a let down.

Like I said, I enjoyed it, it was fun. But if you are looking to really get a dose of Percy Jackson, maybe pick this one up along with another one of the books, because this little side trip back into the world of the demigods will not be enough. Still, I hope fans of the series do pick this one up, it's a nice read!

No comments:

Post a Comment