Saturday, June 10, 2017

Noragami: Stray God vol. 2



So, I went ahead and picked up the next book in this series, even though I was not thrilled with the first one, simply because I really wanted to give this series a chance. The premise still seems interesting and I know that the annoying character is not always what he seems.

I am glad that I choose to continue. The disjointed story line present int he first volume is nowhere in this one. Yato has now found a new shinki whom he names Yukine and the young girl Hiyori is still following them in hopes of figuring out a way to stop what has been happening to her. With this volume we see more into Yato's serious side and a lot more into the character of Yukine, his new weapon. We even get a teaser at Yato's back story, making me hope that we will see much more about it in future installments.

This is a series that you are going to need to stick with beyond the first manga if  the story sounds interesting. Because I fully think it will be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment