Monday, June 26, 2017

Bunny Drop


Yes, another new manga series for me to get caught up in! I just can't help myself, there are so many with such interesting story lines!

Daikichi returns home for his grandfather's funeral only to find a mysterious little girl that no one knows what to do with. It turns out that the 76 year old man was having an romantic affair with a much younger woman and the child was his. Now, with Gramps gone, no one wants to take in the illegitimate girl that never talks. Upset at everyone's reluctance and cruelty toward the little girl, Daikichi makes the rash decision to take in the girl himself. The 30 year old bachelor working long nights as a business man must now change everything about his lifestyle to accommodate this new little person and make her feel like part of a family.

Ok, the plot sold me fast! It's just a little crazy and a lot hopeful and has so much possibility. Then my husband and I discovered that there were 11 episodes of the anime and we watched all those. Afterward there was no doubt in my mind that I would love the mangas because I absolutely love Daikichi and Rin's story already!

Seriously, it's such a cute story with plenty of humor and serious moments balanced wonderfully to paint a real picture of settling into parenthood. My biggest worry is that the manga will leave off at the same time as the anime, because I want so much more of the story!

If you've read it or have recommendations for others like it, let me know! I love hearing your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment